Good morning and welcome to Fox News First. Here’s what you need to know as you start your day
White House abruptly cuts feed of Biden mid-sentence as he asks question at wildfires briefing
The White House abruptly cut the feed of President Biden’s briefing on wildfires with federal and state officials.
During Monday’s visit to Boise, Idaho, Biden received a briefing about the ongoing wildfires that have plagued several Western states. While Biden spoke for much of the briefing, at one point he said he wanted to hear more from George Geissler of the National Association of State Foresters.
“Can I ask you a question?” Biden asked.
“Of course,” Geissler responded.
“One of the things that I’ve been working on with some others is —” Biden said before being cut off mid-sentence.
The White House did not immediately respond to Fox News’ request for comment. CLICK HERE FOR MORE ON OUR TOP STORY.
In other developments:
– Biden blames Idaho wildfires on global warming
– Biden repeatedly implies he’s not in charge of when, where he can take questions from the press
– McEnany blasts White House leadership: We have ‘naive neophytes’ running the country
– New York Times accused of ‘catering to the Bidens’ after calling Hunter story ‘unsubstantiated’
– Joe Biden’s checkered history of race relations exposed in new book
AOC wears ‘Tax The Rich’ dress at $30K-per-ticket Met Gala
Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, D-N.Y., wore a white dress with the slogan “tax the rich” at the lavish Met Gala in New York, where tickets go for at least $30,000 each.
The wardrobe choice drew a mixed response on social media, with some praising Ocasio-Cortez’s message and others questioning whether it conflicted with the star-studded nature of the event.
Tickets to the Met Gala cost at least $30,000, according to the Associated Press. It is unclear if Ocasio-Cortez purchased a ticket.
Ocasio-Cortez’s office did not immediately respond to a request for comment.
AOC posed maskless as she arrived, but attendees had to be vaccinated and were expected to wear masks once inside.
A self-described Democratic socialist, Ocasio-Cortez is one of the most prominent progressive voices in support of President Biden’s $3.5 trillion budget reconciliation package. She has repeatedly called for increased taxes on the wealthiest Americans to pay for progressive policy initiatives, such as climate-friendly infrastructure and expanded access to free healthcare. CLICK HERE FOR MORE.
In other developments:
– Jennifer Lopez wows at Met Gala 2021 with Western-inspired look
– Kim Kardashian walks 2021 Met Gala in head-to-toe black Balenciaga ensemble
– Kendall Jenner hits Met Gala 2021 red carpet in nearly-naked, sheer dress
– Black Lives Matter protesters arrested outside Met Gala, where AOC schmoozes inside
GOP congressman erupts at Blinken during Afghanistan hearing: ‘We don’t need to hear lies’
A GOP congressman erupted at Secretary of State Antony Blinken during his hearing in front of the House Foreign Affairs Committee, saying Congress does not “need to hear lies.”
Rep. Brian Mast, R-Fla., who lost both legs while serving in Afghanistan, got into a heated exchange with Blinken as the congressman’s allotted time to question the secretary of state drew to a close.
Mast slammed the administration’s handling of the withdrawal, pointing to Biden’s controversial leaked call with the former Afghan president, leading the Florida Republican to proclaim that he does not “believe a word” the secretary was saying.
“I don’t want to hear from the secretary,” Mast said. “He lies to us when he appears before us.” CLICK HERE FOR MORE.
In other developments:
– Blinken slammed for testifying virtually: ‘Couldn’t be bothered to come down here’
– Hannity torches Blinken congressional hearing: ‘Is it possible for one person to be that stupid?’
– Blinken pressed on allegation Biden told Afghan President Ghani to lie about the war
– ‘The Five’: Hapless Blinken couldn’t answer hard questions and ‘defended the indefensible’
– COVID-19 vaccine boosters unnecessary for most, say FDA advisers reportedly resigning over issue
– Jayapal accused of running ‘miserable’ office despite public image of being a fighter for workers
– Florida police call missing woman’s case ‘odd;’ van found at fiancé’s family’s home after couple’s road trip
– Nicholas upgraded to hurricane as it approaches Texas landfall
– Raiders beat Ravens in rollercoaster overtime finish: ‘This game is crazy’
THE LATEST FROM FOX BUSINESS:
– FB responds to bombshell report that they do more than play favorites
– Your data could be exposed if you went to major pharmacy’s COVID testing site
– Adapt or else: Downtown businesses cope with new reality
– Dem Bowman doesn’t rule out killing infrastructure bill if Manchin doesn’t OK
– SpaceX to make history with all-civilian crew mission, Inspiration4
SOME PARTING WORDS
Laura Ingraham noted Monday night President Joe Biden failed to offer public remarks on Saturday, 20 years after Al Qaeda terrorists attacked America on September 11, 2001.
Not signed up yet for Fox News First? Click here to find out what you’re missing.
Fox News’ Go Watch page is now available, providing visitors with Pay TV provider options in their area carrying Fox News Channel & Fox Business Network.
Fox News First was compiled by Fox News’ Jack Durschlag. Thank you for making us your first choice in the morning! We’ll see you in your inbox first thing Wednesday.